Dear Hannah

You are nine months old today-officially here with us longer than you grew and grew in my belly. Your journey post-belly has been an amazing one. I can’t believe how much you’ve learned. You started crawling about 3 weeks ago and you have never stopped moving! From the very second you put your arms out of your crib (which I still accidentally sometimes call your kennel but at least around here kennels are a nice cozy place!) to the moment you crash in it at night-you are ON THE GO! You’re sometimes so very very busy that you climb right over us to get to the next thing on your agenda. You love banging blocks together, playing pat-a-cake, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and of course…my nemesis…the dog food!

Our nighttime routine is my very favorite time of day. You splash and what sounds like yodel in the bathtub. When we dry you off, you become a complete maniac. You flap your arms and attempt numerous naked escapes after the poor targets of your attacks-Bailey and Obie! They are still your very cuddliest and funniest friends. In the few seconds that you take a breather, you love leaning against Bailey. You and Obie must have an array of inside jokes because he’ll often just come in the room and snort and you crack up!

My favorite part of the last few weeks has been watching you show us more of you. You crinkle up your nose when you’re being a dare devil and you like rough house play much more than me. You’ll also sit longer and listen to me read your books. You’re patient, laid back, and social. Aside from the occasional noggin bump, you hardly ever cry unless you are hungry or tired. You very much enjoy both eating and sleeping an let it known if we’re denying you either of these life necessities! Other than those few times, you are incredibly happy. You beam when we walk through the door and your new princess wave goodbye makes it incredibly hard to ever leave.

I predict that you’ll be close to, if not already, walking by this time next month. You seem pretty certain that my wheelchair frame was customized just for you-they do make the most perfect baby parallel bars for you to grapple and stand up for me to grab you up in my lap. Just a couple weeks ago, you’d pause between each step in the grab, grab, kneel, stand combo. You now do it effortlessly even from the side of my wheel!

I’m quite certain that you will never stop amazing me. Pride doesn’t really fully capture how thankful or blessed I feel to be your mom.Happy 9 months Hanni. We love you.

Related entries

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

15 Responses

15 comments

1. Lisana says:

Great to hear how much Hannah is up to these days! We miss seeing you on Plurk, Kara, but I’m sure you must be soooo busy with your family and your work.

Sending you lots of good wishes!

~ Dee

2. Rhonda says:

This was such a sweet post. Thank you for sharing. Hannah sounds like a great little girl with wonderful parents. Our worlds may be opposite but I believe children are always a blessing. I’m truly thankful for mine.

3. OI says:

That’s sweet.

I can’t wait to read more about what it’s like to raise a baby and being disabled.

4. The particular terms and conditions usually are same for great or a bad credit score record people.

5. France says:

Hi there, yes this paragraph is truly good and I have learned lot of
    things from it concerning blogging. thanks.

6. Thanks to my father who stated to me on the topic of this weblog, this web site is truly awesome.

7. wonderful put up, very informative. I ponder why the other specialists of this sector don’t notice this.
    You should continue your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

8. Nice answers in return of this issue with real arguments
    and telling everything about that.

9. Remove Wat says:

What i do not realize is actually how you’re no longer really a lot more well-preferred
    than you might be now. You are so intelligent.
    You already know therefore considerably on the subject of this subject, made me in my opinion believe it from numerous
    varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t involved except it’s something to do with Girl gaga!
    Your own stuffs great. Always handle it up!

10. Ty Rhame says:

Their focus is on teaching students about what they need to do to fit in with the traditional infrastructure and the corporate world.

Think about how “Just do it” defines Nike’s philosophy on playing sports, or Avis’s “We try harder” defines customer
    services operations. With the accessibility to
    electronics along with laptop or computer images,
    the appearance of business cards is easy, for one of
    the most pc inhibited particular person.

11. Gudrun says:

First of all I want to say great blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you do not mind.
    I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing.
    I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting
    my thoughts out. I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems
    like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to figure out how to
    begin. Any ideas or hints? Kudos!

12. Sommer says:

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for Social

13. Kristeen says:

Personally, I hate while using the phone whsn calling from my home office.
    If I used to be about tto rank the must-have apps for your
    EVO, that is able to be variety one. Be sjre look out to the best Huawwei e355 price
    together with other similar products at 4GSource.

14. The great news is that this makes it simpler to determine and get rid of trojan virus.

15. No matter what your budget is, these distinctive themes make for a
    fun and exciting party for everybody to get pleasure from.